In this quick blogpost, I will share the steps that you can follow in order to install Visual Studio Code (1.57.1) (VSCode) on a Mac computer using Brave browser.
Installing Visual Studio Code
1) Downloading VSCode Executable
- Go to Visual Studio Code website.
- Click on
Download Mac Universal
- Click on
2) Running VSCode Application
- After the file is downloaded, at the
bottom leftof the browser window, open the options and select
Opento extract the application and open a
Right clickon the Visual Studio Code application, and select
- You might get the following message, click on
3) Visual Studio Code!!
- We are now ready to start working with VSCode.
- If you want to change the color theme of the VSCode application, go to the
Preferencesand then select
- Select, for example,
Light (Visual Studio).
- This is how it looks like.
4) Moving Visual Studio Code to Applications Folder
- Go back to the
finderwindow from section 2, and move the Visual Studio Code application to the
- Do not forget to remove the
zip filewe downloaded at the beginning of this post.
Subscribe to Open Threat Research Blog
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox